CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Tracy's Summer Job

I am happy to say that I got the summer job the I really wanted!!!!

It's basically my ideal summer job, and one that I will probably do every summer when I'm not teaching. I interviewed for it last week and was called back about an hour ago with an offer. It's a summer camp called The Children's Ark and is part of a ministry of a church located only 5 minutes from our house.

One of the best things about the job is the field trips. We will get to take the kids on field trips 3 days a week to places such as: Swimming, the movies, Hawaiian Falls, The Dallas Zoo, American Airlines, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Sandy Lake Amusement Park, and Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey's Circus, to name a few. It's great because I like going to those places on my own time, so it will be great to get to take the kids there and get paid for it! The pay is very respectable, and I will actually be getting paid the exact same amount that I get paid for subbing because she said I have a lot of experience. Pretty sweet deal!

The actual facility where I will be working is REALLY nice. It's in a really nice area of Plano. They have flat screen T.V.'s everywhere, Wiis, indoor basketball courts, rock climbing walls, and all these really cool murals and decorations everywhere. I don't know much about the church it's connected to, but obviously the parioshners there are pretty generous when it comes to donations! I'll just have to take pictures of everything when I start there, because it's hard to describle.

I'm going to go in sometime this week to fill out all the paperwork, and I'll get to find out which age group I'll be in charge of. It's split up between K-2 and 3-5. I really would like either age group, I'll have fun with either group!

Also, I have another full time teaching interview tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed about that! Again, it's for Frisco ISD. This one is for a second grade teaching position. I definitely get the most calls from Frisco, but that's okay because they are a great school district!

I'm sure there will be more updates to come as I start the summer job, but until then, I'm super happy and excited that I got it!

3 comments:

Elicia said...

Good luck at your interview! Sounds like a fun summer job!

Cindy Bone said...

This is wonderful news! THht does sound like a dream job. I would love nothing better than to get to play with kids all day!

Cindy Bone said...

All this crazy technology and no spell check... I never learned to type in high school because I had no plans to be a secretary. Joke was on me!